August 28, 2009

Transantiago: Before and After...

The year I started university was one year before the transantiago. I had got six numbers of buses to went from my house to university, but sometimes take a any bus wasn´t easy. The Yellows buses were faster than transantiago, but sometimes I arrived to my class very late, even when I left early of my house.
The Yellows buses stopped when the driver did want and anywhere. In transantiago system, each bus have got stop bus clearly defined and the santiaguinos have forgot the coins for pay the bus, because we have got the bip!. The bip! is a modern form for pay the bus, is a card with money and you should load to pay the bus or underground. Whit the bip! is much easier go in the public transport, but the driver don´t forgive you if you haven´t money in the card.

Transantiago is more reliabler than the yellows mirrors, but problems in frequency of buses have not been solved. Whit Transantiago you can change from bus to underground or bus to bus in 2 hours without pay again. In added, the information of Transantiago is the best because is clear and tidy in the web page. But of yellow buses I miss somethings: I Could went from my house to the centre, or the bus station only in a one bus, the route of the buses were very long, I traveled the whole city only in a bus.
Now, I take one bus, and after take the underground or other bus, then is more uncomfortable and slow.
However, I haven´t had more problems whit the transantiago (many people hate it because is slow, bad, full in the peak hours and they walk more to arrive to bus stop), I live near the university and haven´t problems to take a bus :P

No comments:

Post a Comment